As the name indicates, a fuel injection system is one that injects fuel into the motor of your car. This system ensures that gas reaches your motor in exactly the level that you want. This will ensure that your motor gets optimum amount of fuel and this will also directly influence the energy efficiency of your vehicle. As your car keeps moving at changing speeds, it is the fuel injector which actually delivers the right amount of gas to your motor, thereby improving its efficiency. Within this guide, you will learn about the best fuel injector cleaners and their innumerable benefits.
How does it function?
A fuel injector is a valve that passes on the required levels of gasoline into your vehicle’s motor, based on the signals it receives from your car. There is a small nozzle inside this injector, into which your gas pump will deliver gasoline. This is then converted into a mist format when it finally reaches the motor’s manifold. From here, gasoline is then delivered in the mist format itself to the engine, where it will create a combusting reaction as it mixes with external oxygen. In the absence of a fuel injector, your motor will absorb gasoline directly as drops. This not only makes you consume more fuel but also wears out your motors easily. With the help of fuel injector systems, your motor absorbs fuel in the form of a mist. This increases the fuel efficiency capacity of your vehicles and provides durability to your motors as well.
Fuel injectors help to derive the right balance between oxygen and fuel consumption for your cars, by changing/adapting the fuel usage in tandem with the oxygen consumption capacity of your cars. Thus, you can be sure that your vehicle’s gasoline is not wasted at all.
Advantages of fuel injectors
Here are some of the benefits that you can enjoy when you use a fuel injector in your car:
• Excellent control over fuel consumption – With the mist format of gasoline produced in the nozzles of the injectors, you can be assured that gasoline will be used effectively by your engines. One of the primary reasons as to why most of them prefer fuel injectors today is because these injectors do not waste gasoline at all. Over a long period of time, this savings in gasoline consumption provides huge benefits in terms of money to car owners.
• Very limited toxic emissions – Fuel injectors guarantee exact delivery of gasoline to engines. When the gasoline mist mixes with oxygen of the engine, it produces better combustion and thus ensures lesser toxins are emitted during this process. This is not only safe for your car but safe for your environment as well.
• Increased efficiency of motors – When your motors try to absorb gasoline in the form of drops, it creates lots of friction on your motors and causes them to strain too much, making them more prone to wear and tear. On the other hand, when your motors absorb gasoline in the mist format, they don’t feel any stress at all and are able to effectively use the gas that is delivered to them through the nozzles.
Why you should use fuel injector cleaners
It is very important to clean and maintain your fuel injectors on a regular basis. If you don’t clean them properly, your fuel injectors may suffer from the following problems:
• Unclean or blocked fuel injectors
• Fuel Injectors not opening or not closing
• Leaks in the nozzles of fuel injectors
These could happen if unnecessary residue or foreign substances like rust get settled on your injectors. It could also happen when your injectors get over-heated or when your car is not serviced for a long time. In order to avoid all these problems, it is imperative to clean your fuel injection systems regularly. When you clean your fuel injectors properly, your car gives you good mileage and your gasoline consumption will be optimum.
Best Fuel Injector Cleaners – Our Reviews
Since cleaning of fuel injectors is very important, there are lots of fuel injector cleaners available in the market today. Out of these, we are going to see five top products that have created a name for themselves in this field.
1. BG 44K (The Best Choice)
This is the best fuel injector cleaner in the industry today. This brand has been around for four decades now and is naturally is one of the trustworthy go-to brands for manufacturers of automobiles. Exclusively designed for gasoline engines, this cleaning product is known for its quick action cleaning process that it undertakes on fuel injectors, valves, combustion chambers and the like. It provides quick relief from problems related to rusting or residues getting settled inside the injectors. Since all unnecessary foreign objects clogging up the injectors are immediately removed, BG 44K Fuel System Cleaner ensures that your fuel injectors get back to working condition almost immediately. It is a non-alcoholic product and is compatible for all kinds of fuel and fuel additives.
Why choose this?
• The best fuel injector cleaner in the market
• Very cost-effective
• All kinds of engine issues like power loss, stumbling, residue collection, stalling etc. are corrected at a super-fast pace.
• Can be applied easily on all kinds of vehicles on a regular basis to keep fuel injectors, valves and chambers in perfect working condition
• One can will treat close to 20 gallons of gasoline and improves the mileage of your car to a great extent.
2. Chevron Techron
This can be aptly called the complete fuel injector cleaner because it not only acts as a protection agent, but also does the functions of stabilisation, reduction of problems, improving of engine performance and restoring the lost functionality of your engines in quick time. This well-reputed cleaner from Chevron is used for cleaning fuel injectors, valves, combustion chambers, carburettors and the entire fuel management system. It stabilises fuel consumption for up to one year and acts on impaired injectors in real quick time. These can be used for engines that don’t start or for engines that have not been looked after for a long time.
Why choose this?
• It is one of the most trusted brands by automakers today as it is a premium fuel system cleaning agent which comes with an excellent PEA (polyether amines) technology
• Compatible for a wide variety of vehicles, fuels and fuel additives
• Can bring back your car’s fuel system to its original functionality within a very short span of time
• Very affordably priced
3. Red Line SI-1
This is a fuel injector cleaner which is known for its accurate performance. It is known to work close to 100% on fuel injectors immediately upon application. One of the highlights of this brand is that it is absolutely safe for your vehicle, even if you use it on a regular basis. This is a detergent based product comes in a 15 ounce bottle and is in a concentrated state. It is used to clean a wide range of auto parts like fuel injectors, valves, combustion chambers and carburettors to completely remove all kinds of residues and dirt on them. Another point that works in favour of this product is that it contains polyether amines (commonly known as PEA), a component, which is known for its fuel injector cleaning properties.
Why choose this?
• Great value for money
• Apt for vehicles that have been kept idle for a long time as the strong concentrated detergent works effectively on these auto parts; it is recommended to use one bottle fully for such vehicles
• Compatible for most of the kinds of vehicles
• Comes with added advantage of synthetic cylinder lubricants as well, which protect your car cylinders perfectly and prevent them from leakages
4. Royal Purple Max-Clean
This fuel injector cleaner is known for its amazing performance on new engines and on engines that have been idle for a long time. It can be used to solve all kinds of fuel injector system problems like stalling, hesitation, etc. It is also one of the most cost-effective eco-friendly products available in the market today. The toxic emissions of hydrocarbons, nitrous oxide and carbon emissions are lesser by 12%. 13% and 18% respectively. Fuel performance and horsepower of the engine is also increased by 3.2% and 2.6% respectively.
Why choose this?
• Uses state of the art technology to do a thorough cleaning of all fuel related auto parts
• Eco-friendly with lesser toxic emissions
• Prevents all kinds of fuel & engine related problems and clears off all unwanted residues on the injectors, thereby unblocking them to send the gasoline mist to motors
• Great stabiliser agent for your fuels when you plan to store your fuel or when your car is not in use
• Brings reasonable improvement in horsepower and fuel economy rates
• Provides better gasoline mileage for your cars
• Highly cost-effective
• One of the best fuel injector cleaners in the market
5. Lucas Fuel Treatment
If you are looking for something more than just a fuel injector cleaner, you should buy Lucas Fuel Treatment, because this is a fuel conditioning agent. By the name conditioning, it is understood, that this product completely rejuvenates your fuel system with its excellent features. It is known for improving the durability of your fuel injectors and fuel pumps. All kinds of unnecessary toxic emissions are burned by this product; hence you can be assured of the safety of your fuel systems when applying this.
Why choose this?
• Complete cleansing and lubrication for your fuel system
• All problems related to low sulphur fuel are completely neutralized
• Improves the mileage capacity of car
• Control effects of toxic emissions and completely wipes off the negative effects of methanol
• Provides unparalleled smoothness to engines within one application itself
Best Fuel Injector Cleaners – Comparison Table